Water is one of the most important things we need to survive. Water is a common commodity and most times we tend to underestimate just how important it is.Below are a few reasons why you need to drink water more often and just how much it does for your body.
1. It Helps Digestion: Water keeps the food you eat moving along through your intestines and this leaves your intestines Smith and flexible, thus enhancing digestion. Water is a key component of digestion and ensures the proper absorption of nutrients needed in the body.
2. It Gives Clearer Skin And Rids Your Body Of Toxic Substances: Drinking at least 8glassed of water will help rid your body of toxins and give you clearer skin. Not everyone accepts this but then it never hurt anyone to drink water. Drinking water can help your body combat skin issues such me psoriasis, eczema and even clear acne. It flushes toxins out of your body that doesn’t belong there and rid lots of bacteria that deter you from getting clearer skin.
3. It Reduces Bladder Infections: Water flushes bacteria from your bladder and diluted your urine, that way urinating is less painful. Water helps prevent bladder infections and Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) because it flushes bacteria from the body. It isn’t a cure for it, but it lessens your chances of contracting it. And if you already contracted it, it makes it easier to manage and heals faster.
4. It Helps Reduce Sugar Cravings And Aid Weight Maintenance: Water can help you manage your sugar cravings and make your body function properly. Dehydration is often a trigger to sugar cravings, when you stay hydrated you reduce your chances of going off your sugar-free diet and stay fit. Eliminating sugar from your diet helps you lose weight and stay fit.
5. It Improves Exercise Performance: Water helps maximize your physical performance. It is possible to lose a certain percentage of your water weight during extreme exercise which can cause loss of body temperature control, increased tiredness and weakness and also mental motivation. So drinking water during an exercise boosts the water gain that you’ve lost and helps you hold out for longer.
6. It Lessens Chances Of Kidney Getting Stones: Staying hydrated with lots of water helps dilute substances in urine that lead to kidney stones. When you drink water to surpass at least 2litres of urine in a day, you will be doing your kidney a whole lot of good. You can also add a few citrus fruits like lemons or orange. Drinking plenty of water is one of the best measures you can take to reduce your chances of developing kidney stones because it makes you urinate a lot.
7. It Reduces Hangover: Re-hydrating your body after a heavy night at the bar helps reduce a hangover. Alcohol makes you dehydrated and this is what contributes to a hangover. Drinking lots of water reduces hangover. But the only true way to cure a hangover is to avoid alcohol.
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU ARE DRINKING ENOUGH WATER:The colour of your urine call tells when you are hydrated or not. If it’s clear you could be drinking too much water and if it’s darker you need to drink more water. When checking the colour of your urine be aware that some supplements and some foods can affect the colouration of your urine.
BEST TIME TO DRINK WATER:1. Before you go to bed.
2. Immediately you wake up.
3. Before and after every meal.
4. A couple times during the day.